Tips for Choosing New Drapes for Your Bryn Mawr Home
On October, 10, 2015
Once you step out in the Bryn Mawr marketplace to pick your curtain window hardware, you will be bombarded with many varieties offered by the building hardware industry. Once on the hunt it will be difficult to differentiate between two fabrics and designs. So one should be prepared before setting out. Following are some of the tips that will help you choose the best Bryn Mawr drapes and hardware available for your home.
- Make sure that before buying you ordinate all the drapery material, drapery hardware, and fabrics to ensure that they look good together. Select thin, light rods for sheer drapery panels. For heavier draperies, find a rod with a larger diameter and choose a bold curtain finial.
- Make up your mind regarding the curtain rods as to whether you want them to be the prominent decorative element or if you want it to be hidden behind your Bryn Mawr draperies.
- The size of the room will decide the size of the drapery rod and curtain hardware accessories. Select wide diameter poles, rods, and rings for large room and vice-versa.
- Before buying the panels, decide upon whether your draperies remain open most of the time or will they be opened and closed daily. Choose panels that can hang from the sides and can be arranged on a basic or decorative pole. To move the panels open and closed, you’ll need a draw cord system or clip-on or sew-on decorative rings.
- Layering your Bryn Mawr window treatment is important for an adaptable window covering. Further to avoid lighting or restore privacy, install a blind or shutters next to the glass.
- Longer fabric lines will add height to a room. For this install drapery hardware well above the window frame, or even up along the ceiling line.
- If you plan to install a two layered drapes or curtains then make sure you get a double rod or two separate rods. The inner rod closest to the wall will hold the drapery panels while the outer one will hold decorative panels or a valance.
- A curtain tape, which is used to create decorative headings for curtains are available in nylon, polyester and other materials. Choose the fabric that synchronizes with the curtain fabric and the color of the room. Keep these valuable tips and guidelines in your mind the next time you go shopping for your curtain hardware. You can look at choosing Bryn Mawr drapery hardware as just another fun part of creating your own look in your home. Every element will enhance the space and reflect your taste.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1874541